Join us in this 3-hour training course designed to teach you how to customize your website by adding backgrounds and widgets, testing your website speed, and the fundamentals of maintaining your site. We will show you how to incorporate onsite SEO and create essential WordPress plugins. We will also teach you the essentials of website security and how to back up and restore your site in this age of sophisticated hackers and constant cyber security threats. We will discuss common ways hackers can take down websites and their sinister methods to attack your site.
Here’s what you will learn:
- The essentials of developing a customer-centric site that will drive engagement and traffic to your site.
- How to achieve the right look and feel for your intended audience.
- Identify your website marketing goals, and learn the functionality requirements for achieving your intended and expected goals.
- How to incorporate the correct design elements to accentuate your brand image.
- How to determine which widgets you need and how to add widgets to your site.
- How to analyze site issues and test for speed.
- Learn the basics of setting up essential plugins.
- Learn the basics of securing, backing up, and restoring your site.
About The Community Navigator Pilot Program
The Community Navigator Pilot Program is an American Rescue Plan initiative designed to reduce barriers that underrepresented and underserved entrepreneurs often face in accessing the programs they need to recover, grow, or start their businesses.
The program will provide a total of $100 million in funding to 51 organizations that will work with hundreds of local community groups to improve access to SBA and government resources for America’s entrepreneurs.
The National Urban League is one of 8 Tier 1 “Hubs” overseeing 25 Urban League affiliates across the country as trusted community navigators delivering technical assistance and providing resources to businesses in their respective communities during the economic recovery, including:
- financial assistance and access to capital
- contracting and procurement
- marketing, operations, and business development
- industry-specific training