In partnership with the PepsiCo Foundation and the National Urban League, the Urban League of Greater Southwestern Ohio has launched The Foundation of Food Entrepreneurship Program under the Black Restaurant Accelerator Program (BRAP). This accelerated, and comprehensive 10-week business development program is designed for food service business owners who want to build sustainable and scalable companies.
At the core of this program is a community of peers where classmates support and encourage one another to pursue business growth.
The course is guided by certified program directors, course facilitators, and subject matter experts. The highly selective program is limited to 10 participants per cohort.
Our objective is to help these businesses become profitable, nimble, and thrive.
Monday, September 18, 2023 – Monday, November 27, 2023
APPLY BY JULY 31, 2023
Through our network of business leaders and industry experts, The Foundation of Food Entrepreneurship Program will help you:
- Get connected to a community of food industry experts and business owners
- Evaluate the sustainability of your business
- Learn how to grow a food or beverage product
- Ask questions and get answers from experts and peers through the program
- Gain new skill sets and knowledge related to lab marketing, developing, pitching to buyers, and more
- Learn strategies to sustain your business in times of crisis and to build in recovery
- Practice skills targeted at alternative strategies for growth
- Obtain a $10,000 grant*
* In order to receive the $10,000, you will need to successfully complete the Program. Successful completion includes attending at least 8 out of the 10 sessions.
Applying for Grant Funding
- Complete the 10-week program
- Complete all tasks assigned to you by your business coach
- Complete all surveys and assessments sent to you for data collection purposes
- Upon cohort series completion, you will receive the link to apply to the PepsiCo Grant Portal to be considered for grant funding
Eligible businesses must meet the following requirements:
- Business must be one of the following types of food service companies as defined by the following NAICS Codes: 722511 Full-Service Restaurants; 722513 Limited-Service Restaurants; 722330 Mobile Food Services; and 722320 Caterers.
- Business Certifications: Licensed (if applicable), Registered with the Department of Revenue, and Registered with the IRS. If applicable, also registered with the Department of State.
- Businesses have been operating for at least one year
How to apply
To apply for the program, eligible businesses should complete the online application: